There are lots of scholarships in the United States for international students. The United States of America (USA) hosts the highest number of international students in the world. The US boasts of some of the finest universities, a lot of which consistently rank in the world university rankings.
Universities in the US are also known to have high academic standards, follow rigorous practices to maintain quality, and are well-supported to be able to offer an excellent education to their students. As per the QS World Ranking 2020. 33 of the top 100 universities are from the US. Also, Times Higher Education Ranking has also ranked seven of the American universities in its top 10 list of universities. Additionally, the United States is also on the list of the top countries for the best education in the world.
The United States is obviously one of the most expensive nations for international students to study at, but don’t be discouraged, presently there are hundreds of opportunities to secure funding for your studies here.
International students are not eligible for funding intended specifically for US citizens. However, as US universities prioritize internationalization, the number of international scholarships to study in the US has grown.
Below is a rundown of Scholarships in the United States for International Students, some are funded by the US government, some are funded by private organizations, and some are funded by specific institutions. You can also check the list of the top university scholarships in the UK for international students.
Benefits of studying in the United States
There are many benefits to studying in the United States as an international student. The United States has some of the best universities in the world, and international students can gain access to these universities. Additionally, the United States is a multicultural country with a wide range of cultural experiences available.
There are also many opportunities for international students to study in the United States. For example, many universities offer study abroad programs in the United States, and some universities have joint degree programs with American colleges. Additionally, there are many scholarships and grants available to international students. Below are a few benefits of studying in the United States.
1. Top-Notch Education: The United States has some of the best universities in the world, which makes studying here a valuable option.
2. Diversity: The United States is a multicultural country with a wide range of cultural experiences available. This makes studying in the United States an excellent opportunity to learn about different cultures and explore new areas of interest.
3. Opportunities for Study Abroad: The United States has a wide range of study abroad programs available, which makes it an excellent destination for students interested in international travel.
4. Flexible Course Structure: The United States has a flexible course structure, which allows students to customize their studies to fit their individual needs. This makes studying in the United States an excellent option for students who are interested in exploring different areas of interest.
5. Strong Economy: The United States has a strong economy, which makes it an excellent place to study. This means that international students can expect to be able to afford tuition and other expenses associated with studying in the United States.
6. Strong Career Prospects: The United States has a strong economy, which means that students can expect strong career prospects when they finish their studies. This makes studying in the United States an excellent option for students who are interested in finding a job after graduation.
7. Welcoming Environment: The United States is a welcoming environment, which makes it an excellent place to study. This means that international students will not experience any significant challenges when they arrive in the United States and start their studies.
Government-funded scholarships in the United States for International Students
This is the most popular government-funded US scholarship for international students, Fulbright offers scholarships for graduate students, young professionals, and artists to study in the US for one year or more. This award is open to international students in all fields excluding medicine.
This is a non-degree scholarship program for international students, and experienced professionals wishing to undertake 10 months of academic study in the US. Although the funding doesn’t support degree qualifications, students are able to study and develop their knowledge at academic institutions across the nation.
Non-governmental scholarships in the United States for International Students
These International scholarships are aimed at all international students studying any subject at a participating college or university in the US (of which there are 57). You should submit an essay or video demonstrating your interest and initiative in promoting intercultural learning and exchange.
Fully-funded scholarships are available for students from eligible countries to study in the US or another host country at the master’s level.
Three winners will receive an award of up to $2,000. Open to all students (domestic and international, and at any study level) aged between 16 and 35. To qualify, you’ll need to submit a 500-word essay related to online education, multilingualism, and professional development.
International Scholarships in the US for Asian Students
Scholarships to study in the US within selected institutions, targeted at international students from the Asia-Pacific region.
Scholarships for 11 exceptional Asian students to study in the US at Wesleyan University in Connecticut. Covers the full cost of tuition and student fees.
International Scholarships in the US For female students
Fellowships are offered by the American Association of University Women for female international students to study in the US.
US scholarships for female students of any age, ethnicity or nationality, to study at the Zaragoza Logistics Center at MIT.
International Scholarships in the US for Graduate Students
Scholarships to study in the US are awarded to master’s degree students studying within one of Rotary’s Peace Centers (such as at Duke University or the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill).
International Scholarships in the US for Students from Developing Countries
Scholarships for postgraduate international students hailing from countries in Africa.
Scholarships for African students to study in the US and Africa.
University-specific US scholarships for international students
Undergraduate scholarships to study in the US at American University in Washington DC. Aimed at international students who are showing leadership potential.
Harvard offers a range of (very competitive) international scholarships for students from all over the globe.
Illinois State offers tuition waivers, merit awards and graduate supports to incoming international students.
Various grants and scholarships for international students to study in the US at MSU.
Funding opportunities for international students of varying backgrounds and nationalities.
Note: Note that STUDASTRO.COM does not offer any scholarship, grant, or other forms of financial aid or assistance to students. We only provide you with information and opportunities to apply for available scholarships or grants to help you pay for your studies abroad.
Originally posted 2022-04-26 23:06:48.