Germany is a great place for international students. With its many universities and colleges, you can find the perfect academic program for your future.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships are available for international students who want to study in Germany. They can be used for tuition, living expenses, books, and other costs associated with studying.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship program is targeted at international students who are master’s and doctoral candidates who have already completed their studies in their home country and intend to further their postgraduate education at a German University.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung scholarships are awarded to international students and graduates in order to enable study and research at universities in Germany. The award promotes intercultural dialogues, the formation of international networks as well as the internationalization of universities and science. Also, check out the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships in Germany for International Students.
Brief Description of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships
Scholarship Host: Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung
Scholarship Location: Germany
Scholarship Institution(s): German Universities and Higher Education Institutions
Course/Level of Study: Masters or PhD Degree in any subject taught at German universities
Duration of Program: Two years For Master’s candidates, and three years for doctoral candidates.
Eligible Countries: All Countries of the World
Worth of Award: The duration and level of funding vary for different types of studies. Graduates (master or postgraduate students) receive a monthly scholarship of €850. The standard funding period is two years. After having obtained unconditional admission to doctoral studies at a German university, PhD students receive a monthly scholarship of €1,200. The standard funding period for PhD scholars is three years. Research stays in Germany are also funded for a minimum of three semesters. In addition, PhD scholars can apply for financial assistance for research stays abroad.
Fees resulting from courses at the university in Germany that are directly related to your studies can be refunded up to the amount of € 1,500 per semester. Upon request, health care insurance, family allowance, and children’s allowance can also be subsidized.
Application Deadline: July 15 annually
Eligibility Criteria for Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships
- Note that the required language is the English Language/German
- Have a university degree, as the program does not provide support for bachelor’s studies
- Demonstrate that you are above-average academic performance
- Must be not older than 30 years when applying
- Must intend to study for at least three semesters at a university in Germany
- Candidates must already be actively engaged in their home countries through voluntary work for other people and society
- For more info Click Here
Method of Application
Below are the steps to apply for the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung scholarships:
- Create an account on the scholarship portal Here
- Sign in and Fill out the online application form here
- Submit the online application
- Attach a CV in tabular form including details about your previous voluntary work or social commitment.
- Attach copies of your examination certificates in German translation if the originals are not in English
- Attach copies of your studies performance records if you have been studying at a University in Germany.
- Proof of German language skills (B 2).
- For more information click Here
For more information and how to apply, kindly visit the official website below