Humber International Entrance Scholarships are awarded to Undergraduate, Graduate Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma students joining Humber in September, January and May academic intakes for their 1st semester of study. You can additionally check out Financial Aid for International Students in Canada.
Humber additionally offers partial renewable tuition scholarships for NEW international undergraduate students beginning classes in September, January and May academic intakes for their 1st semester of study.
Humber College is the largest college in Canada, and it’s located in the heart of Toronto. It was founded in 1967 and offers over 50 different programs for students to take. The school has a wide range of programs, from business to media arts to health sciences, as well as some more unusual offerings such as fashion design and cooking management.
The campus is located in the Etobicoke district of Toronto, just north of the Humber River. It has two campuses: the Lakeshore Campus and the King Campus. The Lakeshore Campus is where most of the programs take place, but there are also some courses available at other locations including downtown Toronto and Scarborough College (which is run by Humber).
Humber College has over 18,000 full-time students currently enrolled at its Lakeshore Campus alone. The school’s student population includes both domestic Canadian students and international students from more than 140 countries around the world.
Humber College also offers many international exchange opportunities for its students. The college has partner institutions in Australia, France, Germany and the United Kingdom. In addition to these international partnerships, Humber College also has a number of domestic exchange agreements with other post-secondary institutions across Canada.
Humber College is accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE) as an international educator providing quality education to students from around the world who wish to study abroad or relocate to Canada permanently.
The college’s programs are focused on: meeting the needs of the business community, providing students with practical skills for their chosen career path and offering courses that are relevant to industry standards.
Eligible students for the Humber International Entrance Scholarships must pay their tuition fees in full and scholarship amount will be credited to the student account after the 10th day of classes. The scholarship will be disbursed in two instalments over the 1st two semesters. Also, check out Winnipeg President’s Scholarships for World Leaders in Canada.
Brief Description of Humber International Entrance Scholarships
Scholarship Location: Canada
Scholarship Host: Humber College in Toronto, Canada
Course/Level of Study: Undergraduate and Graduate programmes offered at the College
Eligible Country: All students including international students
Worth of Scholarship: $1500-$4000 depending on GPA on admission
The scholarships are renewable but the student must maintain a minimum average of 80% in order to be eligible for renewal.
Eligibility Criteria Humber International Entrance Scholarships
In order to be eligible for the Humber International Entrance Scholarships, candidates are to follow the criteria below:
- This scholarship is for students with a high academic qualification (students with a GPA 85%+ and 6.5+ IELTS (or equivalent in TOEFL, Duolingo, senior high school grade in English) looking to be rewarded for their performance in the senior year of high school, college or university.
- Each term/semester a total of 10 undergraduate and 10 graduate eligible new international students will be awarded a CAD 2,000 scholarship.
- Scholarships will be awarded to students that received their Letter of Acceptance, confirmed their offer and submitted a scholarship application by the following deadlines:
- September intake – last day of May prior to the Fall semester
- January intake – last day of September prior to the Winter semester
- May intake – last day of January prior to Spring/Summer semester
Method of Application
- Students should note that a separate application is not required for the Humber International Entrance Scholarships. Students are required to be enrolled in a full-time academic program at Humber for the first time in order to be eligible for scholarships. In addition, students must have received an official offer of admission/letter of acceptance.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Scholarships are not refundable and cannot be deferred.
- Only successful applicants will be notified. All scholarship decisions are final.
Deadline coincides with the admission deadline. Scholarships will be awarded to students that received their Letter of Acceptance and confirmed their offer before 30 May 2022 for the September 2022 Semester and 30 September 2022 for the January 2023 Semester.
For more information and how to apply, visit the official scholarship website below.